ciq message

Subject: FW: [cpexchange-wg] FW: CPExchange Conference Call Notes 6/12/01

-----Original Message-----
From: Wyke, Allen [mailto:awyke@engage.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2001 8:27 AM
To: 'Ron Schmelzer '; 'cpexchange-wg@yahoogroups.com '
Cc: 'cpexchange-net@yahoogroups.com '
Subject: RE: [cpexchange-wg] FW: CPExchange Conference Call Notes
6/12/01

That's my point - any areas not directly translated, are specific to the
standards, which is their founding purpose. Merging the two would imply
users of each need all the collective information, which I am not sure
about. Transforming on the core features allows you to support shared areas,
which is all that you are going to care about if you do not already support
both/all.

I also disagree with the comment that without P3P and Jurisdiction,
CPExchange elements would be left hanging. I say that confidently, because I
am working on something that is otherwise. P3P and Jurisdiction are just the
requirements I had that pushed me over to CPExchange.

At this point, without a formal review of xNAL, xCIL, etc., there is no
reason to even talk about merging. The data models are nothing - that's
easy. The purpose of these efforts, on the other hand, are the real issues.
If the target users are different and their needs, then a merge would only
result in something that is overweight and spread too thin.