ciq message

Subject: RE: Collaboration of the customer standard

Leonard

Thank your for your e-mail. CIQ concentrates only
on developing the XML language for representing
customer data in greater detail. It does not concentrate
(and has no intention at this stage) on other layers such as privacy,
security,
transportation, etc. The idea is to use these layers from other groups who
are already developing it. This is where we see the use of CPExchange's
expertise. The best option at this stage for convergence is
to discuss the potential of CPExchange using/enhancing the detailed customer
data definitions defined in CIQ which is a superset of the customer
data definitions available in CPExchange. The existing layers such
as privacy in CPExchange definitions shall remain the same. This
helps CPExchange to continue concentrating on its other layers.
The CIQ group in conjunction with the CPExchange can continue
to concentrate on expanding the definitions for representing customer
data that is truly global. THIS IS JUST MY INITIAL THOUGHT.

Our discussions should also include potential integration with ebXML
core components in the long run.

I am on leave between 20 July to 20 August and we will discuss this
in detail when I return.

I am excited to see CPExchange's interest in a potential convergence
with CIQ and I think this is the right way to go. CIQ and CPExchange
together can sell an excellent story to the market.

A latest version of the Address Language (xAL - V1.2)
and Customer Information Language (xCIL - V1.3) has now been
released. Please feel free to have a look at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ciq
xAL can represent more than 100 countries' address data in greater detail
and
is on the right track of becoming a truly "Global" address language.

Regards

Ram