ciq message

Subject: RE: TC membership

Karl

We now have 6 voting members including me. Of the 6, 4 are very active.
No problems.

> 2. If you're lacking a few members, what can we do to improve the
> situation?

As I have told you before, the problem with our area (CIQ) is that it is
very
unique and it is not easy to find expertise in it. Unless some well known
companies in the area of customer information such as AXCIOM, VALITY,
TRILLIUM, HARTE HANKS, ID-CENTRIC, FIRST LOGIC etc. and CRM
companies join OASIS, it is always going to be hard to find members to this
TC.

> I would consider shutting down a TC only as a last resort,
> but we've got
> to get the TC into conformance with the process. The
> membership rule is
> intended to gauge the interest of OASIS in the work of the
> TC; if no-one
> at OASIS is interested enough to participate then the work
> shouldn't be
> done here. I personally think that this is valuable work, as
> I know you
> do; we've just got to find more people who share that viewpoint.

If you have any suggestions on how we can find more people,
that will be great. I am doing my best by publishing articles in
journals regarding CIQ and am asking for more participants. I am
also doing this by presenting in conferences as well. The other thing I
have been doing is trying to set up some collaborative projects
with other groups. I do not know what else I can do unless OASIS
comes up with some other alternatives.

I also need help from the CIQ TC members to find more TC members.
There has been some promises, but nothing has been concrete so far.
My organisation is 100% behind this effort and infact, will become a
corporate sponsor of OASIS this term. Though this might not appear to
be a big deal, but it is a big deal for a small Australian company like
ours. This only shows our committment to OASIS. They have now
allocated 30% of my time to this standards work.

I look forward to your views.