ciq message

Subject: Customer Relationships language: Your views please

Hello CIQ members,

A while ago I was involved in defining an XML lanugage for managing customer
relationships (involving more than one customer) for my company. My company
wants
to transfer the rights of this language to the CIQ TC.

The customer relationships could be:

- CUSTOMER CONTACT LIST:
Ram V. Kumar
C/o PrivacyLink Pty. Ltd
CONTACTS:

1. 123456                     // customer id
   Mr.Albert Einstein
   C/O PrivacyLink Pty. Ltd
   EGIS Building
   Level 12, 67 Archert Street
   Chatswood, NSW 2067, Australia
   Phone: 61-2-94338765(Business)
   Fax: 61-2-94338000(Business
   Email: albert@pl.com.au (Business)
          albert@albert.com.au  (Personal)
   Last Contact: 22 April 2001
   Last Update: 22 April 2001

2. 123457
   Mr.Rodney Freeman
   C/O Jack Freedman
   Postal Address (eeffective from Jan1. 2001):
   PO Box: 773
   Chatswood, NSW 2057
   Residential Address:
   Level 12, 67 Albert Avenue
   Chatswood, NSW 2209, Australia
   Old Residential Address (15 Sept. 1999 - 30 Dec. 1999):
   SUITE 1A, LEVEL 2, BLOCK 2, RIPPON BUILDING
   47 KINGSTON AVENUE NORTH, NORTH RYDE, NSW 2113, AUSTRALIA

   Account Manager
   Insurance Dept.
   MasterSoft International
   Tel: 02-94128333
   Fax: 02-94134275
   Email: msi@msi.com.au
- "TRADING AS" RELATIONSHIP:
     Mrs.Mary Johnson & Mr.Patrick Johnson
     PO Box: 123, Chatswood, NSW 2067
     "IN TRUST FOR"
     Mr.John Johnson
     14 St.Johns Crescent, St.Mary's, NSW 2760
- "TRUST FOR" RELATIONSHIP:
Mr. John Smith
12 Gary Drive, North Ryde, NSW 2113
"IN TRUST FOR" Mr.Robyn Williams
2 Warner Avenue, Mount Druitt, NSW 2754
Tel: 02-98341234
- "DOING BUSINESS AS" RELATIONSHIP
Mrs. Mary Johnson & Mr.Patrick Johnson
PO Box:123, Chatswood, NSW 2067
"IN TRUST FOR" Mr.John Johnson
14 St.Johns Crescent, St.Mary's, NSW 2760
"DOING BUSINESS AS" JOHNSON and WESSON Pty. Ltd
- "PARENT/SUBSIDIAR(Y)IES COMPANY RELATIONSHIP:
PrivacyLink Pty.Ltd
Locked Bag 1009, Gordon, NSW 2072
"SUBSIDIARY OF"
MasterSoft International Pty. Ltd
Level 12, 67 Archer Street, Chatswood, NSW 2067

etc..

I named the new language as extensible Customer Relationship Language
(xCRL).
xCRL uses xNAL (xNL & xAL) and xCIL as references. Because of the re-use of
xCIL and xNAL in xCRL, xCRL is very neat and compact.

The xCRL Language/Vocabulary is:

<!ENTITY % xCIL SYSTEM "xCIL.dtd">
<!ENTITY % xNL  SYSTEM "xNL.dtd">
<!ENTITY % xAL  SYSTEM "xAL.dtd">
%xCIL;

<!ELEMENT CRML (Customer+)>

<!ELEMENT Customer ((xNL | (PersonJointRelationship |
PersonJointRelationshipDetails)),
                     xAL?, RelationshipTitle?, CustomerRelationship+)>

<!-- TRUSTEES, BENEFICIARY, BUSINESS PARTNER, ALLIANCE PARTNER, CHANNEL
PARTNER
     DISTRIBUTOR, etc. -->
<!ELEMENT RelationshipTitle                      (#PCDATA)>

<!ELEMENT CustomerRelationship (RelationshipTitle?, RelationshipNature,
xCIL, RelationshipTitle?,
							    LastContactDate?, LastUpdateDate?, LastContactPerson?,
LastUpdatePerson?)>
<!ATTLIST CustomerRelationship ContactID         CDATA #IMPLIED
                               RelationshipType  (Person-Person |
                                                  Person-Organisation |
                                                  Organisation-Organisation)
#REQUIRED>

<!-- IN TRUST FOR, DOING BUSINESS AS, CONTACT etc. -->
<!ELEMENT RelationshipNature                     (#PCDATA)>

<!ELEMENT PersonJointRelationship 				 (#PCDATA)>

<!ELEMENT PersonJointRelationshipDetails (PersonName1, PersonName2)>
<!ATTLIST PersonJointRelationshipDetails Type CDATA #IMPLIED>
<!ELEMENT PersonName1 	(Name | PersonName)>
<!ELEMENT PersonName2   (Name | PersonName)>

<!ELEMENT LastContactDate  (Date | (Day, Month, Year))>
<!ELEMENT LastUpdateDate   (Date | (Day, Month, Year))>
<!-- Name of the person contacted last-->
<!ELEMENT LastContactPerson (Name | PersonName)>
<!-- name of the person who updated the contact details -->
<!ELEMENT LastUpdatePerson  (Name | PersonName)>

I am wondering whether we can have xCRL as a separate language as defined,
under
CIQ, or whether this language should be integrated as part of xCIL.

Any ideas?

Ram