ciq message

Subject: Re: [ciq] CIQ TC members, Please cast your vote

Message text written by Joe Lubenow
>My views on this issue are based on my work developing postal addressing
standards for the printing and mailing industry.  As a general rule, most
of this constituency is not very advanced in using XML, which is a concern
in terms of adoption of standards.
<<<<

Joe,

No need to apologize for users that are staying with simple.

I have an issue more with people pouring technical requirements into
standards that serve no useful business purpose - other than
to force people to buy more complicated software than before
and giving them potential interoperability issues.

If there is no compelling business need for featuritus we certainly
should not be inventing it!!

Cheers, DW.