ciq message

Subject: [ciq] Schema Vs DTD : Results of Vote

CIQ TC members,

Following are is the results of the Vote on Schema Vs DTD
that we conducted:
Total Voters: 8
Participated: 7 (Absent: John Bennett)

Future CIQ Standards should support only DTD:
Yes - 0
No  - 7

Future CIQ Standards should support only W3C Schema:
Yes - 2
No  - 5

Future CIQ Standards should support both DTD and W3C Schema:
Yes - 5
No  - 2
I had some very useful comments from the committee regarding the
importance of DTDs and I thank everyone of you.

If people are keen to use Namespaces in CIQ standards, they can
always use the future version of CIQ W3C schema as it will support
them as an optional feature. Those who want to keep things simple,
DTD will be sufficient.

Thanks and Regards,

Ram