ciq message

Subject: [ciq] FW: Journee Software membership in OASIS CIQ TC

CIQ TC

Journée Software is keen to join the OASIS CIQ TC and contribute
to the evolution of our standards. I strongly believe that their
expertise in the area of customer information management will add value
to our work. I have enclosed their detailed response to the questions
I raised to them about their interest in the CIQ TC.

Unless there is any objection, I will send a formal note to them to
join our TC. It is nice to see CIQ TC attracting different groups with
diverse skills.

Regards

Ram

-----Original Message-----
From: Jackie Gilbert [mailto:jgilbert@journee.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 23 July 2002 7:17 AM
To: 'Ram Kumar'
Cc: Rob Beauchamp; Jackie Gilbert
Subject: RE: Journee Software membership in OASIS CIQ TC

Mr. Kumar,

I have provided answers to your questions about Journée Software below:

May I know the reason behind your company being keen to join the committee?
>>Journée's mission is to enable customer data integration. By this, I mean
that we make it easy for our customers to share customer information across
front-office and back-office applications. As part of the next release of
our ServiceStream product, Journée will provide our customers with a
template for an enterprise customer data model. Our goal is to provide a
reference implementation based on an open, vendor-neutral industry standard.
We evaluated OAG, W3C, and OASIS, as well as vertical standards such as
ACORD (insurance) and OTA (travel) based on publicly available information.
It was the consensus of our strategy team to approach the OASIS CIQ TC as
our first choice, hence my email to you.

What does your company expect as an outcome by joining the committee?
>> As mentioned above, we intend to "productize" an enterprise customer data
model as a reference implementation of our ServiceStream solution.  Because
this standard data model will become part of our product and strategy, we
would like to actively participate in technical committee discussions and
decisions surrounding the standard. From a marketing standpoint, we would
like to promote our standards participation to the press and analysts.

What skills do you think your company can bring to the CIQ TC?
Rob Beauchamp, our CTO, brings a combination of technological depth and
customer-facing experience.  Rob divides his time 50/50 between working on
product strategy and interfacing with customers and prospects. Rob's
background is in consulting and  IT, so he has 10+ years of real-world
practical experience.  From a company standpoint, our core expertise is data
modelling, application integration, Java, and XML. We are providers of
enterprise-class software and as such, we have expertise in security/access
control, transactional/data integrity, scalability and performance, and high
availability.  Based on our experience marketing customer data integration
solutions, we bring a wealth of knowledge about customer/prospect
requirements across the telecommunications, insurance, and travel verticals.
We are certified Siebel partners and are knowledgeable about Siebel
products.

I look forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience.

Best regards,

Jackie Gilbert
Journée Software