ciq message

Subject: RE: [ciq] Public comment

Ram,

I believe there are two systems out there already - with XML - one that Google is promoting - and an alternate (which I'm guessing Microsoft is supporting).

I'd suggest looking at that work as a reference point.

I know my camera site is also supporting this now via Google maps - I can zoom on a picture - go to GoogleEarth - locate the point the picture was taken - and then return the coordinates of that and its stored into the JPG.

You can try this out - http://www.smugmug.com and also there are tools too - Google has an API to its services.

DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [ciq] Public comment
From: "Ram Kumar" <kumar.sydney@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, September 29, 2006 7:38 am
To: ciq@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: "Max Voskob" <max.voskob@paradise.net.nz>

  • To: ciq-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:08:15 +1000

  • Writing from the NZ e-Government programme, we are about to extend
    our
    schema for a directory service.
    We are looking to spatialise the addresses in our data bank; we want to
    add
    four nodes to describe the location:
       x coordinate
       y coordinate
       datum (with enumeration list)
       projection (possibly with enumeration list)

    We are interested in exploring this issue with your committee at your
    earliest convenience.

    We have looked at the CIQ 3.0 schema and note the present implementation
    has
    reference to a persistent identifier in a "GIS SYSTEM".
    We could also use this technique to point to our "Directory System", but
    this would work for the whole of a "LINE 1" type address.  The present
    atomisation of address in the CIQ 3.0 schema requires separate pointers
    identifiers for street, town, county or district and country ... may not
    be
    practical to implement if you do not maintain that level of spatial
    object
    registry ...

    I look forward to interchange and comments; please feel free to contact
    me
    directly:  liz.kolster@ssc.govt.nz
    <mailto:liz.kolster@ssc.govt.nz>

    <mailto:liz.kolster@ssc.govt.nz