ciq message

Subject: Progress with Codelist approach for CIQ

Hi,

After two weeks of *hard struggle* and learrning of OASIS code list methodology
and playing with the tools, I have completed the following:
- Created Codelists using genericode for xNL, xAL, and xPIL
- Created XSLs and schematron rules for the codelists
- Tested the created codelists by perfoming two phase validation

- Ensured that CIQ schemas without codelist methodology and with codelist methodology are
identical. Cross checked this by performing two pass validation against the standard ciq document instances.

- Created sample custom codelist files (to add new code values  to default code values,
to restrict default code values) for xNL, xAL and xPIL

- Created custom constraint rules

- Created customised codelist XSL

- Tested the customisation of codelists

Everything is working fine.

Outstanding work:
- Create shell files for the .bat files created
- Update the CIQ specification document with the optional codelist approach
- Package the schemas with codelists and utilities
- circulate the package to CIQ TC for review
- Fix any issues
- Go for 60 days public review

I hope to have all these done in 2 weeks time given that I am working 19 hours a day
which includes my regular job + this work!

Ken Holeman, Chair of Codelist TC has been very helpful to answer my questions with patience.

Regards,

Ram