cloudauthz-comment message

Subject: RE: [cloudauthz-comment] Related work on distributed (federated) authorization

Maarten,

Very Interesting summary for the first link:

From these results, we can conclude that federated authorization comes with

a performance penalty compared to full provider-side authorization. However,

depending on the relative amount of tenant attributes in the tenant policies, fed-

erated authorization can achieve better performance than provider-side autho-

rization with federated authentication. To illustrate a realistic case, the example

policy rules from the e-health case study presented in Section 3.1 require sig-

nificantly more tenant attributes than provider attributes: the tenant hosts the

subject roles, treating relationships, pa

tient consent and patient diseases while

the provider hosts ownership relations and the application data itself.”

The high end overhead is about ½ a second – for about 30 attributes per policy.

Regards,

Radu Marian, MSCS, SCEA, CISSP

Bank of America - Charlotte, NC

VP, Architect 2, Security Architecture and Innovation

Business phone number: (704) 628-6874

an Enterprise without Ontology is like a country without a map.