cmis-browser message

Subject: Re: [cmis-browser] Browser Binding CSRF Defense and Authentication

Hi Scott,

Each message contains a handle to the source frame and the origin domain. If this information is not sufficient to decide if it is a legitimate client, the server has to ask for authentication (= send the login URL).

There is a good description of postMessage() here:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/DOM/window.postMessage

Tuesday and Wednesday would work for me.

- Florian

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Malabarba" <scott.malabarba@us.ibm.com>
To: cmis-browser@lists.oasis-open.org
Sent: Thursday, June 9, 2011 5:52:13 PM GMT +00:00 GMT Britain, Ireland, Portugal

Looks promising. I need to read up on cross-domain use of IFRAMEs.
One question I have is: on step 1, the browser submits (into the IFRAME) a request to the
server to which the server responds with a piece of JavaScript that can handle the token message. How does
the server know that this request came from a legitimate client? Or, by what criteria would the browser block
a malicious page from posting the URL into its own IFRAME?

Does next Tuesday or Wednesday 9AM PST work for a call?

Thanks,
Scott