cmis-comment message

Subject: Comment on CMIS Errata

Greetings!

On behalf of the Technical Advisory Board at OASIS I have a comment and
a couple of questions about the CMIS errata,
http://docs.oasis-open.org/cmis/CMIS/v1.0/errata-01/csprd01/cmis-spec-v1.0-errata-01-csprd01.doc

I was checking the errata and happened to run the original spec (HTML
version) through the W3C link checker.

It reports thirty-two (32) 404 links in the original specification.

I checked the CMIS JIRA listing of reported comments and did not find
any prior report of these broken links in the JIRA tracking system.

Has this standard proceeded to this point with no report of 30+ links
that were logged as errors in JIRA?

All of these could be fixed as errata since a 404 could not have
substantive meaning for an application, other than to be a 404 and I
don't think any of these links were meant to convey 404ness.

TC's can choose to fix whatever errors they like but it is a poor
reflection on OASIS for either these errors to have remained undetected
until this point or if they were known, to not be fixed in this errata
release.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

--