cmis-comment message

Subject: Can getChildren and getObject return different properties?

Hello,

I have a little question. I'd like to publish a very, very large database through a cmis interface. I have to load many references to build the complete cmis-object for the client. Unfortunatelly the cmis-client requests a list of all cmis-objects in a folder(getChildren). Loading all references for all objects in a folder takes a very long time.

Is it possible that getChildren only offers an incomplete cmis-object that only contains the neccessary properties and getObject offers the full object with all properties? Does this break up the cmis definition?

Thank You
Björn