cmis-comment message

Subject: Re: [cmis-comment] Can getChildren and getObject return different properties?

Hi Björn,

The client defines how the objects returned by getChildren() should look
like. See the getChildren() parameter list [1].

If the client does not define a property filter, the repository need not
to return all properties but can pick and choose the properties that seem
to be important.
If the client defines a property filter, the repository MUST return the
selected properties in order to be spec compliant.

A repository can also restrict the number of children it returns, if that
makes sense in your use case. The hasMoreItems flag tells the client that
there are more children. The client has to set the skipCount parameter in
a subsequent getChildren() call to get the next batch.

- Florian

[1]
http://docs.oasis-open.org/cmis/CMIS/v1.0/os/cmis-spec-v1.0.html#_Toc243905
442