cmis-comment message

Subject: get objects applied to a policy

Hello,

we are currently working in a CMIS server that implements policies.

As you know Object, Discovery and Versioning services accept a flag to get objects with the applied policies, and within the Policies service  we can retrieve the policies applied to an specific object.

In both cases the input is the applied object, and the output the policy.

I was wondering what if I would like to get the objects applied to an specific policy?

In our particular example we have a quota policy and would be interesting to know where this policy is applied.

We are considering returning back the objects applied in the ExtensionData when you execute ObjectService.getObject() with a parameter in ExtensionData as well.

Do you foresee to include extra methods in the PolicyService in the coming versions of CMIS to retrieve such information?

Thanks and kind regards.

Jorge MARTIN CUERVO

cid:image001.gif@01CCF6D0.4613B970
European Commission