Subject: Re: [cmis] Namespace proposal and complex properties with lists

That works for me, but I would remove the intermediate prefixes restriction such that prefixes can start with a number.

-Al

Al Brown
Emerging Standards and Industry Frameworks
CMIS: https://w3.tap.ibm.com/w3ki07/display/ECMCMIS/Home
Industry Frameworks: https://w3.tap.ibm.com/w3ki07/display/ECMIF/Home

Office 714 327 3453
Mobile 714 263 6441
Email albertcbrown@us.ibm.com
CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: The contents of this message, including any attachments, are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the person or entity to whom the message was addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender. Please also permanently delete all copies of the original message and any attached documentation.

Inactive hide details for Florent Guillaume ---04/20/2009 10:28:30 AM---Hi all,Florent Guillaume ---04/20/2009 10:28:30 AM---Hi all,

Florent Guillaume <fg@nuxeo.com>

CMIS List <cmis@lists.oasis-open.org>

04/20/2009 10:28 AM

[cmis] Namespace proposal and complex properties with lists

Hi all,

Reading the namespace proposal, I feel it could allow for interesting
complex properties with the following small modification. I would like
to allow full-digits intermediate "prefixes", in order to have
properties named like:

  MyRepository:Finance:Orders:42:OrderNumber
  MyRepository:Finance:Orders:42:OrderTitle
  MyRepository:Finance:Orders:42:OrderCustomers:0:CustomerId

This would allow exposing complex properties that contain lists of
subproperties.

It would only require changing the spec a bit to state that a non-
initial prefix may be a non-negative integer as well as a SQL-92
identifier.
(Also for interoperability for clients/servers that want to interpret
them as actual lists, it would be good to standardize that lists start
at 0.)

This sidesteps the problem of having these properties actually
available in object types, so this proposal is purely syntactic and
for future extensibility, but I think that it makes sense.

What do you think?

Florent

--
Florent Guillaume, Head of R&D, Nuxeo