Subject: RE: [cmis] Re: Groups - oasis - Ballot "Adoption of CMIS logo" has closed

Given the problems we had with the tool earlier, we are keeping track of
member voting rights manually although we still update the tool. The
ballot is set up so that a member who can legitimately vote will not be
blocked by the tool by mistake. Also, there is a latency in updating the
tool since voting right changes at the conclusion of each TC meeting.
The ballot results will be checked against each voter's current voting
right.

We don't really want to do this manually if the correctness of the tool
can be assured.

david

-----Original Message-----
From: Mary McRae [mailto:mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 10:25 AM
To: cmis@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [cmis] Re: Groups - oasis - Ballot "Adoption of CMIS logo" has
closed

Hi everyone,

   I think this ballot may have been set up incorrectly. It is created
as an 'official' ballot, meaning only voting members should be allowed
to vote; yet 61 names were listed as eligible (implying all members).

   To set up an official ballot (that is, any ballot in which only
voting members can cast a ballot), leave the default 'voting members
only' checked and the system will 'do the right thing' for you.

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae
Director, Standards Development
Technical Committee Administrator
email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
web: www.oasis-open.org
twitter: fiberartisan  #oasisopen
phone: 1.603.232.9090

Standards are like parachutes: they work best when they're open.