Subject: [cmis] [CMIS 1.1 Draft Review] CMIS 1.1 Working Draft 01b: comments on Query

My comments for the query section, from pp. 92 - 100. Thx.

---------

pg.92 2.1.12.1.1 Object-Type Hierarchy in the Relational View Projection

Last paragraph. I think we can relax the following and say that the query result row MAY (instead of CAN), in case the repository is able to handle returning the columns of the descendent type.

"But since the virtual table will include only columns for properties defined in the object-type
underlying the virtual table, a row that is a query result representing an object of a descendant
type can<SUGGEST CHANGE CAN TO MAY> only include those columns for properties defined on the object-type underlying the virtual
table."

--------------
pg.95 2.1.12.2.2 SELECT Clause

The first bullet should mention that SELECT clause contains the column names AND OPTIONALLY THEIR ALIASES, as allowed in the BNF grammar.

"The SELECT clause MUST contain exactly one of the following:
A comma separated list of one or more column names <insert>and optionally their aliases</insert>."

--------------
pg.96 2.1.12.2.3 FROM Clause

Same comment as previous comment. The second paragraph should mention that FROM clause contains the object-type name AND OPTIONALLY AN ALIAS, as allowed in the BNF grammar.

"The FROM clause MUST contain only the queryNames of object-types whose queryable attribute
value is TRUE. <insert>Aliases for the object-types are allowed in the BNF grammar.</insert>"

--------------
pg.98 2.1.12.2.4.4 <Quantified comparison predicate>

Section heading should remove the < and >, to be consistent with the other predicate section headings.

--------------
pg.98 2.1.12.2.4.4 <Quantified comparison predicate>

The section hierarchy is wrong.
2.1.12.2.4.3 Multi-valued column references
2.1.12.2.4.4 <Quantified comparison predicate>
2.1.12.2.4.5 IN/ANY Predicate

The 2nd and 3rd sections should be under the first section for multi-value queries, like this:
2.1.12.2.4.3 Multi-valued column references
2.1.12.2.4.3.1 Quantified comparison predicate
2.1.12.2.4.3.2 IN/ANY Predicate

--------------
pg.98 2.1.12.2.4.5 IN/ANY Predicate

To be consistent with the style in the previous <quantified> section, I recommend changing the section heading AND removing the BNF grammar in the first paragraph:

"2.1.12.2.4.3.2 Quantified in predicate
<delete>BNF grammar structure: <Quantified in predicate></delete>"

--------------
pg.99 2.1.12.2.4.5 IN/ANY Predicate
Example 2.
The string literals should be enclosed in SINGLE quotes, not double quotes:

"SELECT cmis:objectId, cmis:name, ANIMAL.SPECIES
FROM cmis:document
WHERE ANY ANIMAL.SPECIES IN ("dog", "cat")"

pg.99 2.1.12.2.4.6 CONTAINS() predicate function (CMIS-SQL Extension)
=> Usage.

The reference to (see previous section.) is unclear now that we've added several new sections. I recommend directly referencing the capabilityQuery instead:

Original: (See previous section.)
Suggested change: See the optional capability attribute capabilityQuery.