Subject: CMIS Version 1.1 - production process

Hi David and CMIS TC Members

OASIS TC Administration received the CMIS TC's requests to publish the first Committee Specification Draft (CSD) [1] and hold a 30-day Public Review [2].

Congratulations on getting Version 1.1 ready for a first PR!

The TC is using an unusual (for OASIS) method to produce the documents, with LaTeX.  This is very interesting, and may be a method of publication which other TCs would be interesting in emulating at some time.  We're looking forward to working with the TC to help define effective ways of handling this kind of publication.

It appears that the TC's intention is to publish CMIS v1.1 as PDF and HTML documents.  At this time, we don't have processes and tools in place to modify or correct the draft PDF and HTML documents you have submitted, in order to prepare them for publication.

We should be able to publish the CMIS v1.1 documents in a reasonable and timely manner, but we will probably need to depend on the TC's Editors to make all the changes needed for publication along the way.  We expect that once the "Front Matter" formatting and styles are properly defined, later publications should follow more smoothly.

We may also need to determine how to address the requirement of the TC Process that "Editable formats of all versions of TC documents must be delivered to the TC's document repository. "  This may require uploading the .TEX files or something similar. Resolution of this aspect can probably be deferred for a while.

We will need to establish a point of contact with the TC (perhaps one or more of the Editors?) to work with us to perfect the appearance, URIs, etc. so we can publish this for a Public Review.  I expect that Chet (TC Administrator, copied on this message) will assign someone on our team to coordinate closely with the TC's point of contact.

Please let us know who will be the TC's main point of contact as we proceed with the publication process.  We already have a partial list of required edits, so we expect to be able to move forward quickly.

Kind regards,
Paul

[1] https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TCADMIN-1024
[2] https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TCADMIN-1025

--
Paul Knight  - Tel: +1 781-861-1013
OASIS - Advancing open standards for the information society