Subject: Ballot closed, request submitted, etc.

To all:

The two ballots were closed over the weekend. In accordance with the voting results, I have submitted a request to create Committee Specification Draft 01 (TCADMIN-1024) and a request for a 30-day CSD Public Review (TCADMIN-1025). The status of TC Administration request is tracked in JIRA at https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TCADMIN.

This is a milestone for CMIS TC. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for your participation, contribution, and patience thus far. Without your enthusiasm and support, we would not have reached this point. In addition, I would like all of us thank our Editors for their hard work. Without them, our ideas would not be materialized. A great job!

CMIS v1.1 is not done yet. Assuming the 30-day public review will start soon and go smoothly, our next step is to handle public comments and then approve the draft as a Committee Specification. At that point, we will need three Statements of Use (in e-mail) before we can proceed further. The new TC Process now requires that each Statement references the Committee Specification (by URI), and therefore they cannot be submitted in advance. However, since our draft is unlikely to change, you may consider preparing a Statement in advance especially if you need to seek internal approval for your Statement. Then, when the Committee Specification becomes available, you can just plug in the reference and submit it. This can save us time.

During this v1.1 approval period, we shall interact mostly through electronic means. I will keep our bi-weekly meeting on the calendar so that we can assemble quickly should there be anything arisen that requires quick attention. But unless someone initiates v2.0 discussion, most of the scheduled meetings in the next several months will likely be cancelled. Specifically, two weeks from today (3 September) is a holiday in the US. Our next scheduled meeting will be on 17 September.

Best regards,

David