Subject: Re: [cmis] CMIS Extension Proposal: Content Hash Property

Understood.  If there are any ECM repos that support more than one hash algorithm simultaneously ( or even plan to) then this seems reasonable.

Thanks for the explanation.

Jay Brown
Senior Engineer, ECM Development
IBM Software Group
jay.brown@us.ibm.com

Inactive hide details for Greg Melahn ---12/06/2013 09:07:58 AM---Hi Jay,   I was not proposing that clients set the property, Greg Melahn ---12/06/2013 09:07:58 AM---Hi Jay,   I was not proposing that clients set the property, but the client would need to hash the c

Greg Melahn <greg.melahn@alfresco.com>

Jay Brown/Costa Mesa/IBM@IBMUS,

"cmis@lists.oasis-open.org" <cmis@lists.oasis-open.org>, "Mr. Florian Mueller" <florian.mueller02@sap.com>

12/06/2013 09:07 AM

Re: [cmis] CMIS Extension Proposal: Content Hash Property

Hi Jay,   I was not proposing that clients set the property, but the client would need to hash the content to satisfy Florian's first use case, and this would just give more flexibility in the choice the client  makes on what hashing algorithm to use.

Greg