Subject: Fwd: Re: Impact of changing a specification from URI to IRI and XRI

Fellow CLRTC members,

I've asked someone I highly respect regarding markup and the Internet
about any impact we have of changing our use of URI strings.

He can only comment on the use of IRI strings and from what I see
there is no impact for us to simply say a string is an IRI wherever
we say it is a URI.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XRI states there is some disagreement
regarding the problems being addressed by XRI strings.  Perhaps we
should wait to say anything about XRI until it is more widely accepted.

Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc