Subject: Re: [codelist] Dissenting argument on namespace URI

By my reading of the OASIS guidelines (which I didn't find completely
clear), the recommended namespace URI for genericode would be

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode/

However, for practical reasons, I think we need to add the version number,
so that the namespace URI becomes

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode/1.0/

Note that this URI does not contain "/ns/" as Ken's suggested URI does.  I
don't see any place "/ns/" in the recommended format.  However, I think
the RDDL document for genericode should be located at

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode/

and that all URIs of the form

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode/M.N/

should be redirected to a RDDL document at

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/genericode/

which contains information about all versions of genericode.  However,
that doesn't give us anywhere in the URL space to locate the Schemas.

As an aside, I had a look at the documents in
"http://docs.oasis-open.org/";, and couldn't find any TCs that appear to be
using RDDL, so I couldn't get any inspiration from what other TCs are
doing.

So, in spite of what is suggested in the OASIS docs, I would actually
prefer myself to follow Ken's suggestion of

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/ns/genericode/1.0/

for the genericode 1.0 namespace URI, with this being redirected to a RDDL
document at

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/ns/genericode/

We could then have the Schemas at (I would suggest)

http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/schemas/genericode/1.0/

so that there is a consistent structure to the URLs.

Comments?  Do we need to get OASIS to recommend something to us?

Cheers, Tony.

--
Anthony B. Coates
Senior Partner