Subject: Re: [codelist] Dissenting argument on namespace URI

Robin, can you please comment on Tony's summary that was after the
line you quoted in your last response?

At 2007-04-16 21:14 +0100, Anthony B. Coates (Miley Watts) wrote:
>So, in spite of what is suggested in the OASIS docs, I would actually
>prefer myself to follow Ken's suggestion of
>
>http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/ns/genericode/1.0/
>
>for the genericode 1.0 namespace URI, with this being redirected to a RDDL
>document at
>
>http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/ns/genericode/
>
>We could then have the Schemas at (I would suggest)
>
>http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/schemas/genericode/1.0/
>
>so that there is a consistent structure to the URLs.
>
>Comments?  Do we need to get OASIS to recommend something to us?

I think Tony has suggested an appropriate directory structure to
distinguish the NS directories (that don't have "other" files in
them) with explicit schema directories where we can rely on finding
the normative documents.

With your blessing, Robin, I'd like to move forward tomorrow in our
committee teleconference with a recommendation that we go ahead with
Tony's suggestions.

Thanks for your guidance!

p.s. while I don't (yet) use RDDL, my use of an "/ns/" directory is
what I've done for a long time on Crane's web site:

   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/ns/

Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc