Subject: Comments on latest draft regarding conformance

Thanks, Tony, for posting the latest!

Here are some questions on review of the rules:

R9 - should this be "is not a genericode document with a CodeList
document element" because just saying "in genericode format" could
point to a column set definition or a code list set definition.

R12 and R17: I guess I had missed that a ColumnSetRef can point to a
CodeList document and not only a ColumnSet document ... I presume
then that the ColumnSet definition found in the referenced CodeList
document is the definition that is used.  If the referenced CodeList
document itself has a ColumnSetRef, is that then traversed until an
actual set of column specifications is found?

R29 - which document elements are allowed in the XML document pointed
at by IdenficiationRefUriSet?  Should the language of this rule list
the allowed document elements?

R46 - which document elements are allowed in the XML document pointed
at by LocationUriSet?  Should the language of this rule list the
allowed document elements?

R53 - which document elements are allowed in the XML document pointed
at by CodeListSetRef?  Should the language of this rule list the
allowed document elements?

Did you consider grouping the rules by use and perhaps numbering them
"Dxx" and "Axx" in each group?  Then someone focused on only one set
of rules needn't have to hunt down which is which.

Male Cancer Awareness Jul'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc