OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.

 


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

codelist message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Subject: Minutes of 2007-11-20 Code List Representation TC teleconference


Minutes of 2007-11-20 Code List Representation TC teleconference

Hello all,

Please find the minutes of today's meeting posted at:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=

The full text (without indentation) is posted 
below for convenience, but the record above is 
official and will point to any revisions that may be posted in the future.

Thanks!

. . . . . . . . . . . Ken


Minutes for 2007-11-20 Code List Representation TC Meeting
Copyright  2007 OASIS

$Date: 2007/11/20 16:46:24 $(UTC)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table of Contents

1. Roll call
2. Previous meeting 2007-10-30
3. Standing items
4. Action items from previous meetings
5. Discussion of next steps and timetable
5.1. Review of delivery dates in charter:
6. Other (short) discussions and business related to the committee
7. Next teleconference
8. Any other business
9. Summary of action items pending after this meeting
10. End of meeting
Convened at 15:00(UTC) - 2007-11-20

Public Record: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=16819

Member Record: 
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/event.php?event_id=16819

Agenda: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=26156

Many thanks to the Financial Information Services 
Division (FISD) http://www.fisd.net of SIIA for sponsoring our teleconference.

1. Roll call
Present:

Jon Bosak
Anthony Coates
G. Ken Holman

Regrets received in advance:

Jim Harris

Public Record: 
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=codelist

Member Record (sort by "Role" column to see 
voting members at end of list): 
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/members/roster.php

Attendance Requirements: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php

2. Previous meeting 2007-10-30
Public Record: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=16763

Member Record: 
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/event.php?event_id=16763

Minutes: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=25910

There were no comments on the minutes of the previous meeting.

3. Standing items
All members to consider additions to the implementations list

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/codelist/Known_implementations_of_genericode

All members to post ideas for describing our 
committee's work to be used for promotion and evangelism

All members need to evangelize the committee and recruit new members

4. Action items from previous meetings
Ken to solicit at least three statements of use for genericode

no action

Tony to prepare and post the third committee draft for genericode

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200711/msg00000.html

Ken has posted a candidate namespace document:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200711/msg00002.html

Tony to send Ken different URL for the "Original Version" citation for xml.xsd

Ken has already revised the namespace document 
based on Tony's feedback immediately after the meeting

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200711/msg00004.html

Ken to conduct email ballot regarding committee 
draft approval and submission for third public review

insufficient time for an email ballot, votes held during this teleconference

AGREED to accept the posted documents as the 
third committee draft of genericode 1.0

AGREED to put the third committee draft out for public review

Ken to trigger OASIS process for third public review

All to review the context/value association file 
specification in preparation for next teleconference

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200710/msg00013.html

attendees were unprepared to talk about the contents

a discussion was held regarding the use of a beta 
namespace URI string until we are closer to being finished

this will be used by projects such as UBL that 
need to publish CVA files before CVA files are finalized by our committee

by forcing implementers to address their code to 
change the beta namespace URI string to the final 
namespace URI string, we can ensure that any 
changes in the final version will not go ignored by implementers

Ken will post a revised package ASAP for review at our next teleconference

5. Discussion of next steps and timetable
5.1. Review of delivery dates in charter:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/200608/msg00007.html

what is our status?

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#s3.2

first public review complete July 16, 2007

second public review started October 16, 2007 ending October 31

voted during this teleconference to accept the 
third committee draft and to put the third 
committee draft out for public review

the scope of changes is only the rearranged 
conformance section and the repaired use of xml:lang= and Lang= attributes

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#s3.3

if no comments of significance related to the 
scope of the third public review are received we 
can begin the online approval of the third 
committee draft as a committee specification

if we do have comments of significance we need to 
wait 7 days before commencing the vote

my interpretation of section 3.3 is that the 
submission to OASIS for online voting of the 
Committee Specification can begin without a 
further authorization from the committee

when Committee Specification is reached, and with 
three Statements of Use in hand, the document is 
submitted to OASIS for approval as an OASIS Standard

submissions for OASIS standardization are due by the 15th of each month

we don't yet have three organizational members 
prepared to submit a Statement of Use, so we will 
wait until the 15th of a month following the date 
we receive the third such document

6.  Other (short) discussions and business related to the committee
(none)

7.  Next teleconference
Determine date and time of next meetings.

Tuesday 2007-12-18 15:00(UTC)

Public Record: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/event.php?event_id=16943

Member Record: 
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/codelist/event.php?event_id=16943

8.  Any other business
(none)

9.  Summary of action items pending after this meeting
Ken to trigger OASIS process

Ken to post CVA update with beta namespace URI strings

All to review CVA before next meeting

10.  End of meeting
15:40UTC

--
Comprehensive in-depth XSLT2/XSL-FO1.1 classes: Austin TX,Jan-2008
World-wide corporate, govt. & user group XML, XSL and UBL training
RSS feeds:     publicly-available developer resources and training
G. Ken Holman                 mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0    +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc
Legal business disclaimers:  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal



[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]