Subject: Re: [codelist] Guidance sought re: changes for annotations

At 2007-12-27 20:54 +0000, Anthony B. Coates (Miley Watts) wrote:
>On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 18:01:52 -0000, G. Ken Holman
><gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com> wrote:
>>At 2007-12-27 17:51 +0000, Anthony B. Coates (Miley Watts) wrote:
>>>What genericode does is that the "Annotation/Documentation" elements are
>>>used for documentation/description information.
>>
>>I note in the genericode XSD that the element name is "Description", not
>>"Documentation".
>
>Ouch!  That's a mistake, really.  I meant to copy W3C XML Schema, but I
>also deal with XMI (XML for UML) where both the terms "descriptions" and
>"documentation" get used, and clearly I mixed them up when putting
>together the genericode Schema.  Oh well, it isn't worth changing at this
>late stage.

Would you like to see "Description" or "Documentation" for CVA files?

>>Okay ... then following those guidelines, the instance below is what I
>>would have ... where the documentation detail is first and the title and
>>identification pieces of information follow.
>
>My only comment, in looking at the example, is to ask whether "MetaData"
>is a good choice for an element name.  My experience of late is that I get
>a very negative reaction from people when I talk about "metadata".

Interesting feedback.  I can see how that might make some people uncomfortable.

>It's
>too widely misunderstood, and in particular people understand it to mean
>too many different things.  In genericode, the corresponding element is
>called "Identification", and that wouldn't seem to be a bad name here, as
>the metadata seems to mostly be identifying metadata.

Fine ... but I'm already using "Identification" for identifying the
CVA file itself.

Now I've meant <Identification> to be a very simple string used for
source code control information ... perhaps I could move that into
the document element as an attribute named version=, thus freeing up
the element name "Identification" to be used as you suggest.

That would give me the example below.

I think we are getting close to final on this ... any more comments
from Tony or anyone else on the committee?  This is the kind of
feedback that has been needed to progress a number of changes to make
the spec more palatable in the next version.

. . . . . . . . . . . Ken

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="Crane-assoc2html.xsl"?>
<ValueListConstraints
  xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/codelist/ns/ContextValueAssociation/cd-1.0/";
   xmlns:cbc="urn:oasis:names:draft:ubl:schema:xsd:CommonBasicComponents-2"
   xmlns:cac="urn:oasis:names:draft:ubl:schema:xsd:CommonAggregateComponents-2"
   xmlns:x="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40";
   xmlns:sch="http://purl.oclc.org/dsdl/schematron";
   id="urn:x-illustration"
   name="code-list-rules"
   version="$Id: order-constraints-doc.cva,v 1.9 2007/12/27 21:06:20
G. Ken Holman Exp $">
   <Annotation>
     <Description>
       <x:p>
         This is an illustrative example of all of the features of specifying
         the context/value constraints that one can express for XML documents.
       </x:p>
       <x:p>
         The validation requirements for this contrived scenario are
as follows:
         <x:ul>
           <x:li>the UN/CEFACT currency code list is restricted to be
           only Canadian and US dollars:</x:li>
           <x:li>the seller must be in the US</x:li>
           <x:li>the buyer may be in either Canada or the US</x:li>
           <x:li>the definition for Payment Means is extended to include
           both UBL definitions and additional definitions</x:li>
         </x:ul>
       </x:p>
     </Description>
   </Annotation>

   <Title>
     Illustration of code list constraints -
     <x:samp>order-constraints.cva</x:samp>
   </Title>

   <!--list all of the genericode expressions of agreed-upon code list
       value enumerations-->
   <ValueLists>
     <ValueList xml:id="currency" uri="CAUS_CurrencyCode.gc">
       <Annotation>
         <Description>
           <x:p>Restricted to only Canadian and US dollars.</x:p>
         </Description>
       </Annotation>
       <Identification>
         <ShortName>CurrencyCode</ShortName>
         <LongName>Currency</LongName>
         <LongName Identifier='listID'>ISO 4217 Alpha</LongName>
         <Version>2001</Version>
         <CanonicalUri>urn:un:unece:uncefact:codelist:specification:54217</CanonicalUri>
         <CanonicalVersionUri>urn:un:unece:uncefact:codelist:specification:54217:2001</CanonicalVersionUri>
         <Agency>
           <LongName>United Nations Economic Commission for Europe</LongName>
           <Identifier>6</Identifier>
         </Agency>
       </Identification>
     </ValueList>
     <ValueList xml:id="states" uri="US_CountrySubentityCode.gc">
       <Annotation>
         <Description>
           <x:p>List of US states.</x:p>
         </Description>
       </Annotation>
     </ValueList>
     <ValueList xml:id="provinces" uri="CA_CountrySubentityCode.gc">
       <Annotation>
         <Description>
           <x:p>List of Canadian provinces</x:p>
         </Description>
       </Annotation>
     </ValueList>
     <ValueList xml:id="tax-ids" uri="TaxIdentifier.gc" key="codeKey">
       <Annotation>
         <Description>
           <x:p>List of tax type identifiers</x:p>
         </Description>
       </Annotation>
     </ValueList>
     <ValueList xml:id="payments" uri="UBL_PaymentMeansCode-2.0.gc">
       <Annotation>
         <Description>
           <x:p>
             Copied from the UBL 2.0 suite:
             <x:a href="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/cs-UBL-2.0/";>
               <x:samp>http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/cs-UBL-2.0/</x:samp>
             </x:a>
           </x:p>
         </Description>
       </Annotation>
     </ValueList>
     <ValueList xml:id="additional_payments"
                uri="Additional_PaymentMeansCode.gc">
       <Annotation>
         <Description>
           <x:p>An extra set of possible payment means.</x:p>
         </Description>
       </Annotation>
     </ValueList>
   </ValueLists>
   <!--list all of the contexts in which the value enumerations are used;
       where two or more contexts might match a given node in the input,
       list them here in order of most-important to least important match-->
   <Contexts>
     <Context item="@currencyID" values="currency">
       <Annotation>
         <Description>
       <x:p>All currencies are restricted to only Canadian and US
dollars.</x:p>
         </Description>
       </Annotation>
     </Context>
     <Context item="cbc:CountrySubentityCode"
              context="cac:BuyerCustomerParty"
              values="provinces states">
       <Annotation>
         <Description>
           <x:p>The buyer can be in either Canada or the US.</x:p>
         </Description>
       </Annotation>
       <Message>Invalid province or state '<sch:value-of
select="."/>' for buyer "<sch:value-of
select="ancestor::cac:BuyerCustomerParty/cac:Party/cac:PartyName/cbc:Name"/>"</Message>
     </Context>
     <Context item="cbc:CountrySubentityCode"
              context="cac:SellerSupplierParty"
              values="states">
       <Annotation>
         <Description>
           <x:p>The seller can only be in the US.</x:p>
         </Description>
       </Annotation>
     </Context>
     <Context item="cbc:ID" xpath="cac:TaxCategory/cbc:ID" values="tax-ids">
       <Annotation>
         <Description>
           <x:p>Limit the recognized tax identifiers</x:p>
         </Description>
       </Annotation>
     </Context>
     <Context item="cbc:PaymentMeansCode"
              values="payments additional_payments">
       <Annotation>
         <Description>
       <x:p>The payments can be by either standard or supplemental means.</x:p>
         </Description>
       </Annotation>
     </Context>
   </Contexts>
</ValueListConstraints>

--
Comprehensive in-depth XSLT2/XSL-FO1.1 classes: Austin TX,Jan-2008
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/m/