Subject: Re: [codelist] Vocabulary design for CVA in comparison to genericode

I thought I would share an interesting byproduct of this decision.

I am now able to cut out the "duplicate definition" of the genericode
<Identification> structure that I had in the CVA specification.  I
had labouriously redeclared all of the genericode constructs so as to
support masquerading meta data.

The CVA specification now imports the genericode schema and just uses
the genericode definition of the <Identification> structure.  This
means that one of the suggested techniques for masquerading code
lists is going to work more reliably:  one can be reassured cutting
and pasting an <Identification> element from a genericode file into a
CVA file that the list-level meta data that the structure will
validate because the same schema fragment is being used.

The genericode schema fragments will now have to accompany the CVA
schema fragments when working with CVA files, but I think this is
quite acceptable.  A CVA schema that supports genericode 1.0
structures has the genericode 1.0 schema fragment in its directory,
while a future CVA schema that supports a genericode 2.0 structure
will have the genericode 2.0 schema fragment in its directory.

--
XSLT/XQuery/XSL-FO hands-on training - Los Angeles, USA 2009-06-08
Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc