Subject: Re: [codelist] CVA scope creep?

It's a good question.  It's definitely scope creep in one sense, the sense
that it takes CVA beyond the bounds of code lists, and beyond the scope of
the CLRTC.  At the same time, it's obvious that it's exactly what users
would want to do.  Why should they care about what our internal OASIS
scope boundaries are?

Still, as an OASIS TC, we have to give some thought to scope.  I seem to
remember we discussed this issue once before, and I suggested two
possibilities:

  1) create a separate OASIS TC to carry forward the extension of CVA into
something bigger, with a scope beyond code lists.  That would parallel the
way the CLRTC was spun off the UBL TC;
  2) allow for this functionality in the CVA Schema, but document it
non-normatively (at least in an official sense) in an appendix to its
spec, so that the normative part is within scope.

Perhaps someone from OASIS could suggest what is best.  Mary?

Cheers, Tony.