Subject: RE: [codelist] Agenda for Code List Representation TC call 13 January 2021 14:00UTC

Ken -

Unfortunately, a previous commitment at the time of this meeting is going to prohibit my participation.  I do have interest in future work of the TC and intend to participate going forward.  I would like to see us lock in a periodic meeting schedule so that I can at least attempt to avoid conflicts with future meetings.

Cheers,
Jim

James M. Harris
National Center for State Courts
757-259-1804
jharris@ncsc.org

-----Original Message-----
From: codelist@lists.oasis-open.org <codelist@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of G. Ken Holman
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 15:41
To: Code List Representation TC <codelist@lists.oasis-open.org>

[WARNING] This email originated outside the NCSC email system. DO NOT CLICK links or attachments unless you know the content is safe.

Agenda for Code List Representation TC call 13 January 2021 14:00UTC =====================================================================

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=2021-01-13T14:00:00
Time of day: 08:00MSP/15:00Europe/09:00Ottawa/14:00UTC/01:00Sydney

Conferencing info
-----------------

Meeting ID: 878 5955 1232
Passcode: codelist

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87859551232?pwd=K2JwU1kwY3Q3TGJpbXpkRVkrUEorZz09

Members
-------
Todd Albers (Member)
Kenneth Bengtsson (Member)
Andrea Caccia (Member)
Jim Harris (Member)
Philip Helger (Member)
Ken Holman (Chair pro-tem)
Natalie Muric (Member)
Dennis Weddig (Member)

TC Vitality Check - Re-chartering the CLR TC

According to the new TC Process
(https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process-2017-05-26/#tcVitality),
our committee is long past the 4-year limit to review the committee existence, the chairs, the charter, and the deliverables. So this is our first item of business. And we need to do this anyway to know what work is going to be done moving forward.

Please review our current charter:
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/codelist/charter.php

Please be aware that Ken would prefer someone take over the chairmanship of this committee, knowing he is available for guidance when needed and will participate in the documentation and artefacts production as he is able.

Our TC home page is at: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/codelist

Per the process:

>The TC must decide one on the following actions by Full Majority Vote
>[more than 50% of participating voting members in the vote agree]:
>    * Continue the TC with its current charter;
>    * Continue the TC through a charter clarification (Section 1.8);
>    * Recharter the TC (Section 1.9); or
>    * Close the TC.
Proposed action: Recharter the TC by Special Majority Vote [more than 67% of eligible voting members agree; less than 25% of eligible voting members disagree; resolution required]

IPR Mode unchanged: RF under limited terms

Election of officer(s): Who wishes to be nominated to be the chair or a co-chair or the secretary?

Charter:
  - we are continuing to capture ideas; the work below is not at all finalized
  - action - request a charter template from OASIS TC Administration <tc-admin@oasis-open.org> before next meeting
    - this was done and our template satisfies the need except for an addition noted below
  - name
    - unchanged: Code List Representation Technical Committee
  - background
    - make reference to 15944-10 and the need for semantic perspective of our work
  - purpose
    - remove explicit reference to XML
    - comment on syntax bindings to the semantics of code lists
    - required to add a sub-section on "Business benefits"
  - scope
    - reflect the multiple syntax bindings, not just XML
    - "models" not just UML
    - make reference to 15944-10
    - we do not publish lists, only the technologies supporting the representation of lists
    - do we include some kind of specification of operations on a code list e.g. create, add, delete, update?
    - do we make explicit mention of taking genericode to ISO as a PAS submission?
  - deliverables
    - semantic model of genericode
    - possibly include sample non-normative software for transliteration between syntaxes
    - possibly enforce backward compatibility (or even no changes) to existing genericode
    - new syntaxes and schemas
    - Schematron value validation script
  - IPR mode
    - unchanged: RF on limited terms
  - audience
    - revisit this in light of 15944-10 vocabulary, e.g. "Source Authority"
  - language
    - unchanged: English

Regarding ISO standardization, Ken walked through an ISO/IEC specification of the semantics of code lists
  - ISO/IEC 15944-10 IT-enabled coded domains as semantic components in business transactions
    - https://standards.iso.org/ittf/PubliclyAvailableStandards/index.html
  - perhaps justify genericode to ISO/IEC JTC 1 as a PAS submission of an FSV implementation of the BOV concepts in Part 10?
  - please note some observations from Ken:
    https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/codelist/202101/msg00002.html

Actions:
  - request TC Admin to create a GitHub repository for genericode
    - in light of unexpected time constraints, the initial request has been submitted:

       https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/TCADMIN-3861

    - at the earliest convenience would all members please forward to me in private email the required GitHub credentials (I'm asking everyone so that there will be no delays if you need to be called on during the project to make changes for a pull request):

>Identify one or more TC members willing and qualified to serve as
>initial Maintainer(s) for the GitHub repository. Supply:
>Maintainer's personal name, Maintainer' GitHub individual user account
>name matching the personal name, and Maintainer's email address.

Other Business

As comes forward.

--
Contact info, blog, articles, etc. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ | Check our site for free XML, XSLT, XSL-FO and UBL developer resources | Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training class @US$125 (5 hours free) | Essays (UBL, XML, etc.) http://www.linkedin.com/today/author/gkholman |