Subject: Re: [codelist] The Peppol network publishing of code lists

Hi Ken,
thank you for letting us know, this reflects an international use of genericode as Peppol as, to my knowledge, at least Australia and Singapore are members.
This also is an example of requirement to have also a JSON representation.

Another source is the European Commission that, for the European electronic invoice standard, publishes a number of code lists, including a genericode representation for the version that is applicable from tomorrow May 17th:

https://ec.europa.eu/cefdigital/wiki/display/CEFDIGITAL/Registry+of+supporting+artefacts+to+implement+EN16931#RegistryofsupportingartefactstoimplementEN16931-Codelists

The EAS.gc code list published by CEF that is based on ISO/IEC 6523 ICD. The Country.gc is a genericode representation of ISO 3166 country codes.
I did not check but there could be other code lists based on ISO standards.
This means that potential genericode users in this context are:
  • ISO and/or IEC committees that - then drafting RA standards (i.e. standards reequiring a registration authority like ISO/IEC 6523) can include a genericode representation as machine processable representation of the code list to be published by the RA. This is also possible of course for other SDOs, for instance CEN and CENELEC have rules similar to the ISO ones.
  • any RA, working on the basis of ISO, IEC or any other SDO as well
  • any community that uses standard bases code lists where a standard machine readable format is not available, like the case of Peppol and CEF
Therefore targeting the publication of genericode as ISO standard makes a lot of sense to me.

Andrea

P.S. It was already mentioned that the EU Publication Office is publishing code lists using genericode (this is the first example found searching on the web, search for "genericode" here: https://espd.github.io/ESPD-EDM/v2.1.1/xml_guide.html). I am sure there are other examples outside Europe.