conformance message

Subject: working with W3C on QA

Hello All

A few weeks ago, there was a teleconference between W3C people, OASIS, and
NIST regarding conformance and QA efforts in W3C.  It seems that there is
alot of common interest between all our organizations and an opportunity to
leverage the interests and activities of all our efforts.  Additionally, we
all agreed that there needs to be close communication/liasion between those
developing test suites and those writing the specification.  The topics we
discussed included: terminology, including conformance clauses in
specifications, test suites, and certification.  There will be follow-on
disucssions, including a workshop that is planned for April 3 and 4, held
at NIST (which is near Washington DC).  I will be sending you the URL for
the Workshop soon.  I encourage you to participate in the workshop.  Many
of the issues may impact how OASIS builds conformance tests for W3C
Recommendations.

regards
Lynne