Subject: CybOX 3.x Roadmap

Given the recent discussions on CybOX Object selection, I thought it would be useful to start a new thread on the 3.x point release roadmap.

Based on the current green-field approach, as well an understanding of what we’re missing, here’s a straw man to get us started:
  • CybOX 3.1: Networking (+ the possibility of new Objects/Extensions)
    • Network Packet
    • Network Flow
    • Additional Layer 7 Objects (?)
  • CybOX 3.2: Unix/Windows Host Artifacts (+ the possibility of new Objects/Extensions)
    • Linux Package (file extension)
    • Unix Process (process extension)
    • Windows Task
    • Windows Prefetch
  • CybOX 3.3: Mobile Devices/Artifacts (+ the possibility of new Objects/Extensions)
    • Android (system extension)
    • Android APK (file extension)
    • Apple iOS (system extension)
    • Mobile device (device extension)
    • Mobile phone device (device extension)
  • CybOX 3.4: Digital Forensics Artifacts (+ the possibility of new Objects/Extensions)
    • EXIF (file extension)
    • Disk
    • Disk Partition
    • Disk Sector
  • CybOX 3.5: Accounts (+ the possibility of new Objects/Extensions)
    • User Account
    • Computer Account
    • OS-specific Accounts
  • CybOX 3.6: SCADA (+ the possibility of new Objects/Extensions)
    • Modbus
Regards,
Ivan