Subject: RE: [cti-cybox] CybOX Object Selection

+1

Terry MacDonald

Senior STIX Subject Matter Expert

SOLTRA | An FS-ISAC and DTCC Company

+61 (407) 203 206 | terry@soltra.com

From: cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Paul Patrick
Sent: Thursday, 4 February 2016 6:28 AM
To: Kirillov, Ivan A. <ikirillov@mitre.org>; Jason Keirstead <Jason.Keirstead@ca.ibm.com>
Cc: Trey Darley <trey@soltra.com>; cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org

Ivan,

In addition, having it as a separate object helps in the ability to relate it to other things (at least that is how we use it)

Paul

From: <cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Ivan Kirillov <ikirillov@mitre.org>
Date: Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 1:21 PM
To: Jason Keirstead <Jason.Keirstead@ca.ibm.com>
Cc: Trey Darley <trey@soltra.com>, "cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org>

Yup, it’s just the number, along with some data that you can glean from the RIR [1]. The primary impetus for having it as a separate Object was for cases where you may want to share information about malicious AS’s without additional context. If we feel that this isn’t a likelihood (or useful), I’m fine with excluding it and implementing it as a number in the Network Connection.

Regards,

Ivan