Subject: Re: [cti-stix] cti-stats update

Hi, all -

Just a quick note about the latest update to cti-stats. Until now, all
the STIX we were seeing out there was v1.1.1, so that's all that
cti-stats supported. In the course of engaging with a particularly
significant data source, I discovered that all their data was in STIX
v1.0. By leveraging the excellent MITRE-produced stix-ramrod library
[0] I managed to get cti-stats to support *all* versions of STIX (1.0,
1.0.1, 1.1, 1.1.1, and 1.2). So if you tried unsuccessfully running
cti-stats against your repository in the past, please grab the latest
version [1] and try again.

On a sidebar, historically dealing with multiple versions of STIX has
been a major pain. My usual approach involved sniffing the XML header
and unloading/loading the appropriate versions of
python-stix/python-cybox. This approach was awkward and introduced a
tremendous amount of overhead.

If anyone out there is confronting this issue, I *highly* recommend
you take a look at stix-ramrod [0]. I was able to leverage it to
support all versions of STIX in something like 10-15 lines of code.

Major kudos to the MITRE team who produced this excellent library!
Bryan, Greg, and Ivan, this entire community owes you guys a beer! ^_^

[0]: https://github.com/STIXProject/stix-ramrod
[1]: https://github.com/soltra/cti-stats/

--
Cheers,