Subject: Re: [cti-stix] Object ID format

I like the "Exports" approach better than the relationship tag approach, but am not strong on it and could go either way.

The reason I like exports is because I only have to export the mapping once; if we have to do it in relationship then in a very big STIX report we could be saying the same thing over and over and over.

-
Jason Keirstead
Product Architect, Security Intelligence, IBM Security Systems
www.ibm.com/security | www.securityintelligence.com

Inactive hide details for "Wunder, John A." ---01/21/2016 09:48:45 AM---The one caveat I would add here is that we need to make"Wunder, John A." ---01/21/2016 09:48:45 AM---The one caveat I would add here is that we need to make sure we can provide an information source fo

From: "Wunder, John A." <jwunder@mitre.org>
To: "'cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org'" <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: 01/21/2016 09:48 AM
Sent by: <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org>

The one caveat I would add here is that we need to make sure we can provide an information source for things we want to relate but don’t own. I think this is the scenario Terry is worried about.

Example:

Terry publishes Indicator ABC and relates it to Malware XYZ
Jason publishes Malware 123
I realize that Indicator ABC is actually also detecting Malware 123, a variant of XYZ. I want to share this, but I also don’t want to have to re-share Malware 123 or Indicator ABC. So I just share a relationship object:

ID: relationship:UUID-1