Subject: Re: [cti-stix] [jmg@newcontext.com: Observed Data comments.]

[[[So although I will continue to argue for certain views, *Please* accept this comment in the humorous light intended ("If you cant laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?"). ]]]

"Having each network connection require two Observed Data instances to represent the start and the stop seems kind of crazy to me"

I can't pass up a chance to talk about TimeStamps. ��

This was one of the use case/arguments for supporting the _expression_ of a range of times per ISO 8601 in our TimeStamp specification:  <start>/<end>  "2007-03-01T13:00:00Z/2008-05-11T15:30:00Z".    Since we tabled this discussion we never got into _expression_ of an event that started but has not completed at the time information is shared. Or an event that has ended but where it's Start Time is unknown at the time of reporting.

Perhaps we can revisit this topic down the road once we put this release to bed and get "hands-on" experiences from the community.

Patrick Maroney
President
Integrated Networking Technologies, Inc.
Desk: (856)983-0001
Cell: (609)841-5104
Email: pmaroney@specere.org