Subject: Re: [cti-taxii] Goals for TAXII 2.0

Hey, Jason -

In this configuration the spokes pull from the hub and push back to it. The hub itself doesn't make outbound connections.

Cheers,
Trey
--
Trey Darley
Senior Security Engineer
Soltra | An FS-ISAC & DTCC Company
www.soltra.com

From: cti-taxii@lists.oasis-open.org <cti-taxii@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Jason Keirstead <Jason.Keirstead@ca.ibm.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2015 14:20
To: Trey Darley
Cc: Terry MacDonald; cti-taxii@lists.oasis-open.org

Sorry maybe I am misunderstanding... maybe I have always misunderstood this! What I am referring to is the TAXII push to INBOX which contains a subscription ID... this implies that the client hosting that INBOX service, previously subscribed to something on that TAXII hub... which by nature (since it is subscriber based) implies it is a PUSH from the hub to the spoke.

If you had a hub and spoke configuration.. the hub would not be the subscriber.. the spokes would be subscribers... no?

I am having a hard time envisioning a model where there is a hub and spoke configuration where the hub subscribes to feeds on the spokes when the spokes don't allow inbond connections... how does that work?

-
Jason Keirstead
Product Architect, Security Intelligence, IBM Security Systems
www.ibm.com/security | www.securityintelligence.com

Inactive hide details for Trey Darley ---2015/07/15 09:11:21 AM---Hey, Jason - While it might not be immediately apparent, therTrey Darley ---2015/07/15 09:11:21 AM---Hey, Jason - While it might not be immediately apparent, there are institutions which use both the p