Subject: 8/11/2015 Notes & Call to action

All,

# Notes

I have posted the meeting notes for today’s call. They can be found in the meeting notes section of the OASIS TAXII Wiki [1]. Yes, this means for now the administrivia is on the OASIS Wiki and “Channel-based TAXII” information is on a GitHub wiki [2]. Bret and I hope to rectify this sooner rather than later. I’ve also posted today’s slide deck on the OASIS portal.

# Call to Action: Brainstorm Requirements and Use Cases

As mentioned on the call, Bret and I have put together a rough cut of Use Cases and Requirements (roles/goals are currently captured in the use cases). All of these can be found off the root Channel-based TAXII wiki page [2]. This is a brainstorming session - please provide your thoughts here. We will process these inputs later on as a group.

Query was called out today as something that might challenge the channel concept. As a result, I’d like to offer a slight nudge to those of you that have query use cases and such. Information that you provide will help validate query as a concept against TAXII channels. Bret or myself (or some enterprising volunteer(s) ) will go back through the TAXII Discussion List archives and pull up all relevant past discussions, including query.

Thank you to those of you who have already posted requirements and use cases!

# Collaboration

The wiki doesn’t provide any edit notifications, so you’ll just have to regularly check back for updates. Like I mentioned earlier, we know this isn’t optimal and we’re trying to work toward a solution.

Thank you.

-Mark

[1] https://wiki.oasis-open.org/cti/taxii

[2] https://github.com/TAXIIProject/TAXII-Specifications/wiki/Possible-TAXII-2.0:-Channel-based-TAXII