cti-users message

Subject: Re: [cti-users] Cybox modelling for Company/ Organisation details

I think the appropriate relationship would be from the ObservedData object in STIX,  not a relationship inside Cybox itself.  The User Account is not observed data,  it is relational. Also it is unlikely to ever want to be shared outside an organization,  unlike the sighting of the observed data.

Sent from IBM Verse

Conrad Crampton --- [cti-users] Cybox modelling for Company/ Organisation details ---

From:"Conrad Crampton" <conrad.crampton@SecData.com>
To:cti-users@lists.oasis-open.org
Date:Wed, Jul 20, 2016 8:01 AM

Hi,

I’m very new to Cybox and attempting to model data received via log files for web proxies, firewalls etc, and so far managing to plough through this. However, I would like to model the company for which the request relates i.e. the HTTP_Session object initated by a User_Account who is employed by a Company. It is this latter entity I can’t seem to find an appropriate object for in Cybox. Can anyone suggest how to accomplish this? I have thought about using Exploit_Target (from Stix) but at the time of the observation they aren’t necessarily an Exploit_Target – unless we take the broader meaning of a target being anyone is a potential target.

Many thanks

Conrad

SecureData, combating cyber threats

The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be privileged and confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communications is strictly prohibited. The views expressed in this email are those of the individual and not necessarily of SecureData Europe Ltd. Any prices quoted are only valid if followed up by a formal written quote.

SecureData Europe Limited. Registered in England & Wales 04365896. Registered Address: SecureData House, Hermitage Court, Hermitage Lane, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 9NT