cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] [OASIS CTI] Member-Practice Group

Briefly in reply to Patrick's message below ... I'm trying not to work
today!  ;-)

the "OASIS member practice" Kavi Group for learning about the Kavi
application's features and best-practice usage.  Thanks!

Happy 4th for all who are on vacation today!

- Robin Cover

======== Details:

> My understanding is that this Member-Practice Group is the only one that is not exposed publicly

Most Kavi Groups related to TCs and Subcommittees are configured to
allow public access.  This Group is also "exposed publicly", so
anything posted there should be appropriate for public access.

a) from the Member's Only Group page, see the tab "TC Public Page"
with the link to the public page at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=oasis-member-practice

b) see the list archives at:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oasis-member-practice/

> You can't delete anything directly

That's probably a good thing! ;-)  With only a few exceptions:
resources uploaded/posted to OASIS venues should not be deleted.  The
"oasis-member-practice" Kavi Group is notionally different than a TC
or Subcommittee, but getting practice with "deletion" is not a good
idea.  See this reference for the principle:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/ndr/namingDirectives.html#resourcePermanence

Beyond that:

1) Patrick, maybe we (Staff) can discuss with you next week some
basic guidelines for use of the "OASIS member practice" Kavi Group.
As far as I know, there are no written guidelines, but if members are
going to use it, we need to set some expectations.  I'm unaware of
recent conversations on this topic, but I don't think the Kavi group
has been properly documented as to use for "practice" (despite the
Group name).

2) Anyone can determine from looking at the associated list archives
that the Group has not been used in the past -- which accounts for
anomalies in some configuration issues and only four list messages.

3) Patrick, someone evidently made you a group "Secretary", which
allocates some privs that a regular Member, Voting Member (etc) would
not have, so the collab tool will behave and look differently for you.

Enough for now.  Let's sync up on this topic next week when other
OASIS Staff  members would be available to iron out some wrinkles.

--
Robin Cover
OASIS, Director of Information Services