cti message

Subject: Question Gathering: Relationship Preservation in Versioning (Implicit vs Explicit)

Hi All,

Relationship Preservation (aka Implicit Relationships vs Explicit Relationship) is a pivoting point within the versioning topic.

With Implicit Relationships - as a version is updated, the relationships of the former as passed along to the latter.
With Explicit Relationships - as a version is updated, it is new with no prior relationships.

Arguably one can state they both can result in a version update where the relationships of the former exist in the latter.

Separating specification scope from implementation, I would like to gather a series of questions to help us better understand the differences between these concepts. I'm hoping this thread will serve as a venue for members to post their questions on the topic and that the TC/SC/mini-groups/etc would be able to provide answers to those questions, possibly in a FAQ.

I'll start:

Using the Implicit Relationship approach, how could one remove a preserved relationship?

-Marlon