cti message

Subject: RE: [cti] OASIS Board Approval of Trademark Waiver for DHS contributions of STIX, TAXII and CybOX specifications

Hi, Richard,

I am wondering if this covers use of STIX Object Icons
(like Campaign, ThreatActor, TTP, ...) in the top figure
of "About STIX" (https://stixproject.github.io/about/).

Does it?

Regards,

Ryu

-----Original Message-----
From: cti@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:cti@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Struse, Richard
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2016 4:23 AM
To: OASIS CTI TC Discussion List
Cc: jamie.clark@oasis-open.org

All,

Our goal is to ensure that organizations can use the STIX, TAXII and CybOX
trademarks in their marketing materials.  I am working with our attorneys to
answer the specific questions that have been raised and hopefully provide
some clear examples of acceptable uses.  I am not a lawyer but I can say
that our intent is to facilitate the commercial use of STIX, TAXII and CybOX
and that includes the use of the trademarks.  More to follow.

Thanks,
Rich

Richard J. Struse
Chair, OASIS Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) Technical Committee

Chief Advanced Technology Officer
National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center (NCCIC) and
Stakeholder Engagement and Cyber Infrastructure Resiliency (SECIR)
Cyber Security & Communications
U.S. Department of Homeland Security

e-mail:  Richard.Struse@dhs.gov
Phone:  202-527-2361