cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] RE: i18n (RE: MVP Discussion)

Jason Keirstead wrote this message on Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 13:33 -0300:
> I think what Ryusuke is pointing out is that having a translation point to
> a specific revision does not solve his use case, which is a common one when
> i18n'ing software - as I know first hand, translation en-masse is very
> expensive and therefore you do not want to re-translate the same text
> multiple times. If you have the same title text used in 100 objects, you
> would want to only translate that text once and reference it 100 times.

How is the proposed method incompatible?  It would not be hard for a
tool to take the database of translated objects, and automaticly produce
translation objects from the database, and if a new revision of the
object contains a string that does not exist in the database, to send
it to translation...

Remember, there are two parties here, the producers of the translation
and the consumers of the translation, and we need to make sure that
we decide on a solution that works for both...

--
John-Mark