cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] STIX 2.0 Path Forward

Hi Mark & all,

Just quickly clarifying ...

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 9:16 AM, Mark Davidson <mdavidson@soltra.com> wrote:

Once we go to CS – we are effectively locked into making only forward compatible changes.

To be clear, that is  not OASIS policy or rules. The TC can make the choice about what to do with a Committee Specification and we certainly understand that once you reach CS01 and announce it, you may not wish to make any changes that would break implementations.

There are plenty of examples of TCs that have published a CS02, 03, etc. after CS01. I don't know that they included backwards incompatible changes but point is that they could based, for example, on lessons learned during implementation of CS01.

--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393