cti message

Subject: Recap of the F2F @ Google

All,

Last week the CTI TC had what was perhaps the most successful and productive F2F in our brief history!  I’d like to thank our hosts at Google for the venue, the food (!) and Allison Miller in particular for making this all possible.  Thanks also to Jane Harnad and the rest of the OASIS staff for their work organizing the F2F.

Our focus at this F2F was on planning upcoming 2.1+ releases of STIX and TAXII– we covered a lot of territory and made great progress.  I had Jon Baker from MITRE take the attached notes (thanks Jon!) that document the topics we discussed and if there was consensus on any points.  It is important to stress that no decisions are made at these F2F meetings – they are simply an opportunity to have high-bandwidth technical discussions – all decisions will be made by the full TC membership in our monthly meetings and/or via ballots.

Please note that we will provide a recap of the F2F at the monthly TC meeting(s) this Thursday at 11AM EST and again at 9PM EST.  I hope you can join us.

Regards,

Rich

Richard J. Struse

Chair, OASIS Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) Technical Committee

Chief Advanced Technology Officer

National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center (NCCIC)

Cyber Security & Communications

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

e-mail:  Richard.Struse@dhs.gov
Phone:  202-527-2361