cti message

Subject: Minor editorial modification to STIX/TAXII 2.0 drafts

All,

We received one more comment yesterday about the STIX/TAXII drafts from Greg Back (another MITRE person). Greg noticed that we didn’t consistently use the term “hyphen” in the drafts…in some cases we used hyphen-minus, in others we used hyphen, in others we used dash.

I made the following fix, please let me know if this is a problem:

  • STIX 2.0 Parts 1-4: Used the term “hyphen”, and added a sentence to the document conventions: “The term “hyphen” is used throughout this document to refer to the ASCII hyphen or minus character, which in Unicode is “hyphen-minus”, U+002D.”
  • STIX Part 5 and TAXII: had very few usages of hyphen, so just used hyphen-minus (U+002D).

The worry with using hyphen-minus (the actual Unicode name) was that even most developers may not know what it means (it just reads weird).

Thanks,

John