cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] "I suggest there’s minimal impact to allowing [X]"

Pat, thank you for all of the time and effort and energy you’ve put into this effort and into threat intelligence in general. I hope to have you back in this community soon.

Regards,

Richard

From: <cti@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Patrick Maroney <pmaroney@wapacklabs.com>
Date: Thursday, July 27, 2017 at 2:02 PM
To: "cti@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>, "cti-committee-chairs@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti-committee-chairs@lists.oasis-open.org>

I will be stepping away from this effort after many years of active participation and engagement at varying degrees of intensity.

In saying goodbye (for now), I want to quote Allan Thompson to make a point and highlight a great frustration that I and many others have with how our discourse typically seems to play out.  I can cite a dozen concepts I've passionately engaged on with this community -- but do we really want to re-hash any of these?

So as my final musing: "I suggest there’s minimal impact to allowing [X]" should become a key measure by which decisions are made going forward.  If someone has taken the time and effort to actually speak up and argue for something in this challenging community, ***AND*** it passes the "Allen Thompson Test", then encourage them to draft the language to codify same and include in the specifications.

"So long and thanks for all the fish" -- Douglas Adams, 1984

Pat Maroney

Patrick Maroney

Principal Engineer - Data Science & Analytics

Wapack Labs LLC

(609)841-5104