cti message

Subject: RE: More on ID Contributing Properties

I think that email message should default to UUIDv4 in most cases.

In general email messages shouldnât deduplicate with the use cases to deduplicate them being:

1.       Itâs the exact same email message and thatâs what weâre tracking in which case message_id should be used as the basis of this determination if possible.

2.       We are tracking a more abstract layer in which case we want to build an ID based on the emailâs subject, body and attachments. When using email in this manner external relationships need to be used to point to the sender, and recipients since they werenât all included in one email, but instead received an email that from a CTI perspective was identical.

Jeffrey Mates, Civ DC3/TSD

Computer Scientist

Technical Solutions Development

jeffrey.mates@dc3.mil