cti message

Subject: Fixed some malware analysis property descriptions

All,

A few weeks back on a working call we talked about two properties on the malware analysis object that had somewhat confusing descriptions.  During that call, we as a group could not come up with a better description.  I spoke with Sean today, and he was able to help me come up with some better text for those descriptions.  So those changes have been made.  They are included below for your review.  If you have additional comments or suggestions, please send them to the list. If you have an idea of how to make it even more understandable, please let me know.

configuration_version (optional)

string

This property captures the named configuration of additional product configuration parameters for this analysis run.

For example, when a product is configured to do full depth analysis of Window™ PE files. This configuration may have a named version and that named version can be captured in this property. This will ensure additional runs can be configured in the same way.

modules (optional)

list of type

string

This property captures the specific analysis modules that were used and configured in the product during this analysis run.

For example, configuring a product to support analysis of Dridex.

Bret